Named after Nicholas Colby Gilbert, the Nicholas Colby Fund® [501 (c) (3) #20-3201303] since 2006 has been uplifting the spirits of children with cancer or other life threatening illnesses, creating opportunities for children and their families to experience love, hope, joy, and some fun.
The Nicholas Colby Fund® is a continuing story of love, hope, caring, and inspiration. Cancer touched and took the life of a little boy named Nicholas, but it didn't take the spirit of a child full of hope and dreams. The hope that he can feel like a normal child, the dreams of being free and simply playing & having fun. And cancer didn't take away his love for others - he would give his toys to patients who were crying and he would buy & give gifts to friends visiting him in the hospital!
From Nicholas' death the Nicholas Colby Fund® was born toward Helping Children Be Children®. Through special relationships with children's hospitals and organizations ranging from the Golden State Warriors professional basketball team, Samsonite international luggage company, local specialty markets like Diablo Foods, stores like Papyrus, and companies like ADMAC Digital Imaging, a unique community of people has been created enabling the Nicholas Colby Fund® to deliver events & experiences all 12 months of the year to children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
A luxury suite in a major-event venue allows patients to experience professional basketball games, Sesame Street Live, Disney on Ice, and many more events that make their way to arenas around the world. And backpacks full of toys to newly diagnosed patients as well as an array of services that also help the parents of patients. Cancer picked on Nicholas so the Nicholas Colby Fund® has picked this fight to make tomorrow a better day for children around the world!
Children's Hospitals (current):
- Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland
- Stanford-Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
- University California San Francisco - Benioff Children's Hospital
- Events all 12-months of the year via a luxury suite at Oracle Arena to experience professional basketball games, Harlem Globetrotters, Sesame Street Live, Disney on Ice, Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, etc.
- Backpacks to newly diagnosed cancer patients.
- Nutritional Packs available 24/7 to parents or guardians of a child having to go into the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Nicholas Colby Fund® basketball clinics via the Golden State Warriors professional basketball team.
- Harp in the Hospital and Harmonicas for Happiness - live performances in the hospital and at bedside for certain patients.
Lamont Gilbert, CEO & President
Sheila Gilbert, Vice President
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society inaugural Light The Night Inspiration Award Recipient
American Red Cross "Act of Kindness & Philanthropy Hero Award" Recipient
"National Philanthropy Day Commemorative Award" Recipient